While clip-in hair extensions can be convenient, one downside is that the clips may come loose or break. Fortunately, replacing those clips is a simple and straightforward process. Ywigs has put together a comprehensive guide on how to do this, along with a step-by-step tutorial. You'll be surprised at how easy it is once you give it a try!
Step 1: Remove the Old Clips
To remove the old clips, you'll need to first use the small scissors to cut them off. This is a tedious process, but taking your time and being patient is important.
Step 2: Sew on the New Clips
Now you're ready to sew on the new clips! Please follow these steps:
- Start by threading the thread through the eye of the needle.
- Hold the needle with your hand and the weft with your other hand.
- Pass the needle through the weft, about 1/4 inch from the bottom of the weft.
- Then, pass the needle through the upper hole ofthe clip and back through the weft.
- Pass the needle back through the lower hole of the clip and back through the weft.
- Pull the thread firmly to make sure the clip is securely attached to the weft.
- Cut the thread and repeat the process for each clip on the weft.
Step 3: Style and Enjoy!
Once you've finished sewing on the new clips, you can style your hair and enjoy your new look!
And that's it! You've successfully replaced the clips on your clip-in hair extensions. It may take a bit of practice to master this technique, but once you've got it down, you'll be able to replace the clips on your extensions in no time. Just remember to take your time and be patient, and you'll be a pro in no time!