Microlink hair extensions require a daily routine to maintain its quality and longevity. It is important to carefully follow the instructions provided by Ywigs, but here are some general guidelines for microlink maintenance:
1. Cleaning: It is essential to keep your microlinks and scalp clean to prevent build-up and bacteria growth. Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner specifically designed for microlinks, and try to keep the extensions dry when possible.
How to wash your hair daily with microlinks?
- Use a gentle shampoo specifically designed for microlinks. Avoid harsh shampoos that contain sulfates, parabens, or alcohol, as these ingredients can damage the bonds in the hair extensions.
- Wet your hair and apply a small amount of shampoo to your scallp. Use your fingers or a gentle brush to lather the shampoo and rinse thoroughly.
- Apply a moisturizing conditioner to the ends of your hair, avoiding the roots and microlinks. Leave the conditioner in for a few minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
- Dry your hair naturally or with a blow-dryer on a low heat setting. Avoid using a blow-dryer on the microlinks directly, as this can damage the bonds.
- Remove any excess moisture with a towel, and let your hair air-dry completely. Do not try to speed up the drying process by using direct heat, as this can damage the microlinks.
By following these steps, you can effectively wash and care for your hair daily with microlinks. It's important to remember that daily washing can be time-consuming, but it's essential for maintaining good hair hygiene and the quality of your microlinks.
2. Sleeping: Avoid sleeping on your microlinks, as it can cause damage to the extensions. Instead, use a silk or satin pillowcase to protect your hair and extensions while you sleep.
How to sleep with microlinks?
- Use a silk or satin pillowcase. Avoid sleeping on cotton or other rough fabrics that can cause friction and damage to your microlinks.
- Avoid sleeping in positions that put pressure on your microlinks. Instead, try to sleep on your back or on your side, with the extensions hanging freely.
- If possible, avoid sleeping in places with extreme temperatures, high humidity, or direct sunlight. These environments can damage your microlinks over time, reducing their longevity and quality.
- Avoid tying your hair up in a ponytail or bun while sleeping. This can cause damage to your microlinks by creating tension and friction, leading to breakage and tangles.
By following these tips, you can maintain the quality and longevity of your microlinks while still getting a good night's sleep.
3. styling: Avoid using heat styling on microlinks, as it can damage the binds and cause them to weaken. Instead, stick to air-drying or cool styling techniques.
How to style your microlinks?
- Be gentle: It's important to be gentle when styling microlinks, as too much force or tension can damage the bonds and cause your extensions to fall out. Avoid pulling too hard on your hair, and use gentle brushing techniques to prevent tangles and breakages.
- Use heat protetant spray: To prevent heat damage and extend the longevity of your microlinks, always use a heat protectant spray or serum when styling your hair with heat. This can help protect your hair against heat-enabled damage and improve the ocerall quality of your hair extensions.
- Consult with a professional stylist: If you're not sure how to style your microlinks or if you're looking for more advanced techniques, it's always a good idea to consult with a professional stylist. They can provide you with expert advice on how to style your hair safely and effectively, ensuring that your extensions look and feel their best.
By followin these tips, you can style you hair with microlinks while maintaing their quality and longevity. It's important to remeber that your microlinks are an investment in your hair, so taking good care of them can help you enjoy beautiful and healthy hair extensions for a long time.
4. Proper storage: To improve the longevity of your microlinks, store them properly by avoiding extreme temperatures, humidity, and direct sunlight. Use a silk or satin hair cover to protect the extensions and reduce friction while storing them.
How to proper storage microlinks?
- Use a silk or satin hair cover: To protect your microlinks from dust, dirt, and other sources of contamination, use a silk or satin hair cover specifically designed for microlinks. This can help reduce friction caused by rubbing and prevent your extensions from becoming fragile or damaged.
- Store in a cool and dry place: Extreme temperatures and humidity can damage your microlinks over time, so it's essential to store them in a cool and dry place. Avoid direct sunlight and extreme heat or cold.
- Keep track of your microlinks: It's a good idea to keep track of your microlinks to ensure that you don'[t lose them while storing or wearing them. Cosider storing them in a designated storage box or case to protect them from environmental hazards.
Remember, microlinks are an investment in your hair, so taking good care of them can help extend their life cycle and ensure that you enjoy beautiful and healthy hair extensions for a long time.
Overall, microlink maintenance may take some time and effort, but with proper care and maintenance, you can enjoy beautiful, long and healthy hair extensions for a long time.