Get that celebrity-worthy hair using tape-in extensions. This complete guide will clarify what tape-in extensions are, highlight their advantages over other methods, and offer step-by-step application and care instructions. Achieving glamorous hair is now simple and accessible to everyone with tape-in extensions.
Benefits of Tape-In Extensions
- Provide instant length and volume
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Reusable for up to 6-12 months
- Allows styling flexibility (heat, coloring)
- Less damaging than glue or sew-in methods
How to Apply Tape-In Extensions
- Purchase high-quality Remy human hair extensions in your desired color and length
- Use bonding glue to adhere the tape to your natural hair, 1-2 inches away from the scalp
- Gently sandwich your natural hair between the two sides of the tape
- Repeat the process strand by strand until the full head is complete
- Blend your natural hair and extensions using heated tools
Caring for Tape-In Extensions
- Gently brush and use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner
- Avoid excessive heat, tugging, and harsh products
- Seek professional removal when ready to prevent natural hair damage
With the right techniques, tape-in extensions allow you to achieve versatile, glamorous locks without the hassle and damage of other methods. Follow these instructions and you'll have celebrity-worthy hair in no time!
Tape-in hair extensions offer an easy, damage-free way to achieve red carpet glam hair. Their reversible application, minimal maintenance, and long-lasting wear make them the ideal choice over other extension methods. Upgrade your look today with tape-in extensions for instantly voluminous, celebrity-style locks.
Tape in hair extensions function by sandwiching human hair pieces with adhesive strips to your own real hair. Our tape in hair extensions provides volume and length instantly.
The adhesive glue typically weakens after a few weeks, lasting on average from 6 to 8 weeks for most hair extension wearers.
Tape in hair extensions can be removed or replaced anytime you wish with a gentle solvent, although it's not recommended prior to 4 weeks.
Any hair extension install method can but that doesn't mean they will.
Tape-in hair extensions are easy to use and are generally hassle-free to place in hair yet will only last as long as your natural hair growth.
When tape-in hair extensions become noticeable, they 'll need to be replaced to a higher position.
Textured hair tape-in hair extensions work best by not removing your tape-in hair extensions until they natural begin to loosen.
- You need thicker, longer hair for more than a month.
- You only need to add 3 or fewer sets here and there for filling length and volume.
- You need a volume boost for less than a week.
- You need to cover your whole head with extensions.
When properly cared for, tape in hair extensions can last from 6 to 8 weeks per installation and can be re-used for up to 3 services. The range depends greatly on a lot of other factors like your natural hair growth, your daily hair care regimen, and so on...
For fine hair, you need 20-40 pieces depending how thin your hair is and how much fullness you are seeking. Medium or average volume hair will need 60-80 pieces and thick hair will need 80+ pieces.
Tape in hair extensions are reusable and they do not damage your hair. They are flat and almost undetectable in the hair. These are just a few of the reasons why tape in extensions are a worthwhile investment.
While many people prefer to use oil based products to remove tape in extensions, we recommend alcohol based products such as high content alcohol to remove the tape in extensions. The alcohol will prevent oil build up left by oil based products which may cause new tapes to not stick as well when used again.